An unusual campsite…
Since 1997, we have been developing the campsite in a way that protects the natural environment so that you can experience a slightly different style holiday in Ardèche.
We want to make you forget you’re in a campsite. Even in a gîte, we want you to experience the real nature of camping, as close as possible to nature. Almost like camping in the wild but with home comforts and quality services to hand, plus activities and amenities, all of which ensure you can enjoy to the full the beautiful natural setting in 12 hectares of oak trees, juniper trees and thyme bushes.
Our attractive lodgings are placed haphazardly to fit around the campsite’s natural vegetation.
… for an eco-friendly holiday !
Situated in the heart of nature, 1.5km from St Remèze village, we are committed to an approach that protects this outstanding natural environment. As part of continuous efforts to be more ecologically friendly, we are always putting in place new measures to further protect our environment.
Green Key accreditation
Since 2010, our campsite has enjoyed Green Key accreditation – the leading international environmental certificate for tourist accommodation.
The award recognises our good environmental management and encourages us to make improvements year after year following certain criteria: environmental policies; water, energy and waste management; responsible purchasing; a quality living environment; making our guests more aware of the natural environment; getting involved in local development issues, and so on. Here are a few examples of our efforts :
- Home-produced energy via a wind-turbine and solar panels
- Green electricity purchased for any additional energy needs
- Minimum lighting around the campsite at night using solar lamps – the night-time is so pretty!
- Recycling and composting
- Water- flow restrictors – we don’t get much rain so we need to save water!
- Eco-friendly maintenance products
- Local and organic suppliers and products
- Introducing guests to nature with guided walks, astronomy evenings, nature workshops, developing the Briange nature path…
- Involved in local association and local authority projects
- Signed up to Lucioles – a local Ardèche currency for a local economy
… plus all sorts of daily eco-friendly actions!
We do our bit as best we can and our clients join us in our efforts. Mighty oaks from little acorns grow… we’re counting on you!Book your stay